Thursday, July 18, 2013

Right Wrighting

There are different programs out there on the internet that do work and don't work when it comes to building an online business. Obviously, none of us want to waste our money. I'm sure many of you have seen all these systems that promise to make you thousands of dollars if you pay this much or that. You can't get rich quick unless you win the lottery, and even that takes time for most people who play every week. The biggest thing is no one wants to risk a lot of hard earned money when the return on the investment is going to be skimpier than a Michelle Obama's school lunch program. I'm a beginner navigating around this sea of web pages learning what to do and what to stay away from. Some things have looked like great ideas, others not so much. The one thing I see a lot of is having a guest blogger or someone else put in their two sense to make things more interesting to those few who do read the blog. And maybe, just maybe more people will come and read what has been written. But, I'll be blunt. I have advertising on this site. And it's there for a reason. To make some damn money. The more this site is read, the more pennies in my paypal account.

Those of us who like to write, want to make money. And it's safe to say that we all want to make a lot of it so we can do all the things we'd like to do. I'm sure we'd all like to get paid to post our thoughts and opinions. Similarity, we'd like to get paid for our knowledge that help other to succeed as well. There is a program called PayPerPost. It sounds like a wonderful idea. The more I write, the more I make. However, it's actually frowned upon by sites like Google.
IZEA (the new holding company for PayPerPost) CEO Ted Murphy is not surprisingly calling foul on the move, claiming that it’s part of some sort of censorship conspiracy by Google. Better still Murphy claims that it’s part of Google’s attempts to deny competition because PayPerPost is a “a very attractive alternative” to Adsense. (PayPerPost Bloggers Get Slammed By Google)
I signed up for it and I'm waiting for something. I think I'll give it a try. After all, it doesn't hurt to at least give it a shot. It could turn out well; or maybe not. We'll find out. The article from TechCrunch does go on to say that PayPerPost will have a short life. Mostly due in part to the content of posts that could slam it's own endeavors. Sorta like biting the hand that feeds you. Not a good idea. It sounds like a great concept. But follow through is where it happens. I do know there are sites out there that will pay you to write on a topic that you can choose from. They are easy to find. Google. Everyone's friend. So, if you want to do that instead, do some research and see what fits your niche.

No comments: